Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to help us as a Data Scientist to research, implement and maintain AI powered features. You have some experience as a software engineer, you are capable and passionate about inventing new technology combining different aspects of machine learning and AI in general and deploying it at scale.
Does this sound like you? Then keep on reading!
Powered by artificial intelligence and 55 brilliant minds, Memory crafts tools for a better future of work.
That includes you – we trust you to work on your own terms and define your schedule. You know where you're most productive, which is why you can work from our Oslo HQ, from our Pune office, or remotely from anywhere in Europe (as long as you’re available during 9AM – 3PM Oslo time).
You will be part of a company where AI is at the core of the business, meaning you will directly influence where we’re headed as a company, and always be encouraged to experiment and stay up to date!
Skills & Experience:
- Background from Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics or a related field
- Experience in machine learning, computer vision or artificial intelligence
- Deep understanding of multiple ML algorithms, how they work and the trade-offs involved
- Strong algorithm development experience
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and data analysis
- Proficient in Python and associated libraries, including ML libraries such as scikit-learn, Keras and / or Tensorflow
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (we use MySQL)
- Experience with version control (we use Github)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is a plus (we use ECS instances)
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and / or big data frameworks (i.e. Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Solving user oriented issues using AI for a better future of work
- Assisting in projects from research and prototyping through to production (with the help of DevOps and the rest of the ML team)
- Working on a wide range of machine learning projects for different softwares
- Help uncover the full potential of new and existing data sources by recommending use cases
- Keep up to date with recent developments in different fields of data science, with the goal of evaluating the impact new approaches can have on our tools.
- Share knowledge with team members and participate in various learning-sharing activities
- Problem solving
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible. We are an international company located in multiple time zones, so you are open and willing to occasionally move your availability to some early mornings or late evenings.
What we offer:
- Work from our Oslo HQ, Pune office, or remotely from anywhere in Europe (ideally with some availability between 9AM - 3PM Oslo time)
- Flexible working hours and complete ownership over your schedule
- Autonomy as a master of your own work
- A competitive compensation package and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Work from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ; with awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee
- Direct influence over where we’re heading - your voice will be heard
- A diverse, inclusive, and high-performance culture
Trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and fun are just a few of our values in Memory. We are looking for someone who understands this culture and will thrive in a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. We strive to be the place where you can be the best version of yourself. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We believe people with different backgrounds can create better results together. We want to get our hands dirty and build the next big tech company.
We are looking for extraordinary people to join us. Are you one of them?